Bottled right here at our 3DChimera HQ in Miami, FL. We get our technical-grade d-Limonene right from the source, and we guarantee that our d-Limonene will dissolve your 3D printed HIPS plastic.
Works perfectly with all brands of HIPS 3D printable filament.
- Remove as much support material from your parts by hand as possible
- This will speed up the dissolving process and will make your d-Limonene last longer
- Get a bowl / tank / pot large enough to contain your 3D printed object
- Glass, metal & PET vessels work well
- Beware of other plastics, as they can melt!!
- Pour enough d-limonene to cover the supports you want to dissolve on your part
- The HIPS supports will magically dissolve in 12-24hrs
- To speed up the process, agitate the d-limonene (stir, swish, etc) from time to time
- If you are in a rush, remember that after a few hours your supports will be soft and easy to manually remove
- Properly dispose of your used d-Limonene per the environmental regulations in your community
- NOTE: d-Limonene can be re-used after dissolving support, but it has a finite amount of HIPS that it can dissolve and starts to loose effectiveness after dissolving a large amount of material
- Feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any problems.